I blog as a way to process the world around me. I originally started blogging to share my knowledge about implementing manufacturing execution systems. That quickly turned into the best ways to work on global, remote teams. The main theme of my posts is to share the industry knowledge I’ve picked up along my career. Occasionally, I write about IT & culture or bits of my personal life.
Now that I’m taking a break from the traditional career path, it’s harder for me to think about what to write. I keep coming back to writing memoiresque pieces from my near decade of work experience. I think I have valuable lessons to share that I was too nervous or embarrassed to write about as they were happing.
2019 Blog Goals
Since we’re almost to the end of the year, the goals I set are to take me through 2019.
- Increase average daily hits 30%.
- Spend one hour each week visiting my followers’ blogs, reading, and commenting from now until the end of 2018.
- Establish a new weekly feature — Memoir Mondays? — published each week through the end of the year.
- Create an editorial calendar for the next 30 days by the end of the month.
- Publish posts from three guests over the next three months.
What do you think? Are these goals doable, fun? Let me know in the comments below.