1st Quarter Refresh
The 1st Quarter Refresh is a 15 day challenge in helping you start off the year right. We tackle one task a day. Sign up now if you want to join (it’s free).
Calendars. I live by them.
If it’s not in my calendar I probably won’t remember. “Mom brain” is not joke. I have a shared digital calendar with my husband (it’s the only way we can keep our schedules straight) and I have a traditional wall calendar posted up at home.
Traditionally, I used my calendar app to set reminders, keep track of my husband’s schedule, and mark down coffee dates with friends. Recently, I discovered a whole variety of new things to put on the calendar.
- Reminders to call friends and clients
- Blocked out time to hit the gym
- Dedicated time to send emails
- Important people’s birthdays
What can’t you do with a calendar? Plus, I found I can add emojis to the subject like. It makes look at the month view all that more tolerable.
Today’s Objective: Write calendar goals for the whole year (or at least this quarter)
Olivia Muenter from Apartment Therapy suggests that you go through your calendar and mark down important dates and reminders. Coworkers and friend’s birthdays, work anniversaries, project due dates. Set reminders for when you’d like to achieve items on your professional bucket list.
Here are a few ways to participate in the Refresh Challenge:
- Sing up for email updates
- Visit the 1st Quarter Refresh page to review past assignments
- Download, save, or print the 1st Quarter Refresh Calendar
- Share your progress on Twitter: #1stQuarterRefresh
- Comment on your progress in the comment section below
Coffee = Blog Fuel
If you find joy and value in what I write, please consider donating by “buying me a coffee”.
Photo by Copper and Wild on Unsplash
Leave a Reply