1st Quarter Refresh
The 1st Quarter Refresh is a 20 day challenge in helping you start off the year right. We tackle one task a day. Sign up now if you want to join (it’s free).
Like it or not, social media has become a part of our jobs. Our careers are more than what we do at work. Our careers are part of managing a brand. Whether that’s on LinkedIn, GitHub, Twitter… we need to tell the world what we do and what our expertise aside from the office.
That’s especially true when working remotely. Because you don’t have an office environment to depend on, online becomes the place to connect with like-minded people, share your knowledge, and assert your influence. It doesn’t have to be in a show-off kind of way. You can share your skills in a helpful manner.
5 WAYS TO KEEP YOUR PROFESSIONAL LIFE LOOKING PICTURE PERFECT ALL THE TIME
- Use a professional photographer (no more selfies).
- Hire a professional stylist.
- Outsource your social media to a marketing firm.
- Rent an Instagram worthy space for your home office.
- Make up things you did to post them on LinkedIn.
Or, as Clea and Joanna from The Home Edit say, “just accept that it won’t stay perfect all the time…”
Of course, it easily becomes overwhelming if you compare yourself to others online. Who knows what kind of support, experience, or time they have put into creating their profiles.
Today’s Assignment: Plan social media goals you can accomplish by yourself
Therefore, today your assignment is to set benchmark to meet your online goals. That could be:
- Sharing an article every day on LinkedIn
- Tweeting a thread about something interesting you did at work
- Update your profile pictures (and make them all the same for consistency)
- Clearly define your online bios
Create Content on LinkedIn
Coffee = Blog Fuel
If you find joy and value in what I write please consider donating by “buying me a coffee”.